Labels

Saturday, February 24, 2018

Just checking in.  I was going to blog tonight, but took me a while to get here.  I lost my regular email companion a week ago.  Very sad day for me.  We had emailed almost every day for years, and were still emailing regularly when he suddenly got very ill, and went downhill fast.  His name is John Field. He and his wife and kids lived behind us for years.  We became fast friends over 60 years ago- all of us.  That tie was never broken.  Barbara and I  could get on the phone and chat- they lived outside Boston and raised 8 kids- just like we did when they lived in the magical house behind us.   When she died just 6 months before Buster, John and I teamed up on the internet and supported each other and shared our lives and our loves for almost 7 years.  He is very sorely missed.  I have contact with his kids, which I hope not to lose.  RIP  John.  I hope you are with Barbara now, and that Buster awaits me.  We both married young, and never fell out of love.  But we loved each other too, in a different way. 


Through the years, with John and Barbara, we kept in touch by phone and letter.  We shared the good and the bad- just like the old days at the kitchen table.  

Three times they came all the way across country to visit us.  The first time by train, And Barbara thought she was going to die on one of the trestles in the Colorado Rockies. A rock wall on the left; a chasm on the right, deep into a distant canyon.  The next two times they came by motor home.  There are so many wonderful stories.  Looking back can be good when you have such fulfilling memories to decorate your mind with.  They gave us these.
 
 Every family that lived in that house behind our house, with the big trees,- and long narrow back yard that bordered my back yard,-was exceptional, and a magical part of the neighborhood.  We became lifelong friends with all of them. Our kids still all have fond memories of each family member.

Seems, all us gals were gardeners.  We spent many an hour oohing and aahing over our back fences at each other's vegetable gardens. Still do that today!  These are the kind of life experiences that make life rich and worth living, and with the three couples that occupied that house, we all maintained this wonderful feeling of love and connectedness and forever soulmates.- over the back fence and in our kitchens.  I am the last of the Mohicans.  Losing John, and before him, his wife, Barbara. And my longest, dearest neighborhood  friend, Bunny Schuler, - and Carol and Darrel Nelson- has been a real tremendously humbling experience.  I can only say that these wonderful dear and beyond dear  people made Buster and my life so much fuller and warmer and special.  I just feel so honored to have had them all for lifelong friends.  And their kids.  Their kids were always dear in all our hearts
too.

It is late, I'll finish this later!

If anyone sees this, I will be surprised, as I have not blogged in a long time.  One of the reasons is that John and I wrote Novellas regularly.  I would write a paragraph or two, and send them off to him.  He would add a few paragraphs and send it back to me.  I don't have copies because my aol email site went kaput and I lost it all.  John's kids tell me he had all of them, and maybe I'll get a copy from one of them! they had all read them.  They were fun and funny.

nite nite!

No comments:

Post a Comment