Labels

Saturday, March 10, 2018

Here  I am again.  I came to  the blog looking for a cyber friend and wonderful writer, Brenda Wilson Wolsey (hope I spelled that right).  She writes a warm and endearing blog titled One Kentucky Writer.  Well  worth your time to peruse. 

But tonight I found she had lost her Billy.  And that is hard.  I just hope she has some guardian angels helping her through this.  We all need them.  So, to Brenda and all who have empty arms and hearts tonight, I wish you the fondest of memories and the strength to keep going and enjoying the days you have as best you can.  It's been almost 7 years since I lost my Buster, and then recently, my best guy friend, John, and still, I find some magic in every day- just still being here. 

Well, it is really easy here.  I have 1/3rd of an acre, and a wonderful handyman who does all the heavy lifting and much of the landscaping.  He (and my neighbor, Darrel Nelson), made me some great raised bed  planters, and I have been having bumper crops of vegetables.  Every late afternoon, I go out and pick a bounty of vegetables and concoct a delicious stir fry. I have right now, sugar snap peas, bok choy, lettuce (3 kinds), spinach, cilantro and onions. I pick leaves off the plants so they just keep producing.  I am even sharing with my neighbors. I add a bit of meat and a starch and garlic and whatever else looks interesting, and have a feast. 

The weather here has been perfect for growing.  And, the neighbors behind me, for 60 years, have all been avid and passionate gardeners. Right now it is Linda, and we continue the pattern of ooh-ing and aah-ing each other's labors.  She and her family are redoing their whole back yard, and it is looking like a fairyland.  (If you can include a big roaring nightly evening fire in that scene.)  So the beat goes on, and generations continue the work and the joy and the drama.  Much like sport, only done in your own back yard!














No comments:

Post a Comment